10 Jul 2021
Sat, 10 Jul 2021-04:00 PM To Sun, 11 Jul 2021-05:30 PM
The method of Malaysian batik making is with the use of the canting tool to create intricate patterns. The colors used are bright and vibrant. Malaysian batik is a combination of resist technique along with hand painting. There are no restrictions on colors in this form of Batik.
This is a two days detailed workshop (One and a half-hour per day) on zoom and no recordings will be provided.
*Pre-Registration is Mandatory.
Registration opens only for Mumbai.
The workshop will be conducted in Hindi.
-Introduction to Batik
-Meet and know your materials
-Tracing of the design on the final cloth
-Practice with the canting tool
-Outlining the final piece using the canting tool
-Homework for day-2
-Finishing tracing of the design and outlining on the final cloth
-Painting on the sample piece.
-Dewaxing of the sample piece.
-Demonstration on boiling.
Material kit includes
• 1 Embroidery Ring – 9”
• 2 Silk fabrics
• Sample 11”/11”
•One final piece of Pure Silk Scarf- 1.75m
• 1 Design sheet for the final composition
• Silk colours – (These will be basic colour which can be mixed to obtain other shades and it will be sent as per the colours required for the final composition)
• 4 Paintbrushes
• 1 Plastic Palette
• 1 Paper tape
• 1 Pencil
• Paraffin wax -100grms
• Bees wax – 100grms
• 1 Canting tool – Medium size (We will be pre-checking the tools before sending)
• 1 Wax Melting/heater Machine (Please note all the machines will be pre-checked and sent to you and we will make sure it is functional but since this is bought from an external vendor we do not take the guarantee for the machine during the or post-workshop)
• 1 Tracing Pen
• 1 Yellow carbon sheet (this is optional for tracing)
List of material to be prepared by the participants
One old bedsheet for the Ironing table
2 to 3 old newspapers
1 Small tumbler or glass for painting
Date: 10th & 11th 2021 July on Zoom
Time: 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm IST
It might exceed 15 mins since we will be teaching the details.
Fees: ₹6000/- (inclusive of material kit)
• Tickets once sold cannot be refunded.
• Material kits will be delivered to you, once you register for the course.
• Bookings are open only for India.
• The zoom link will be sent to the registered number about 30 mins before the workshop schedule time on WhatsApp. If any participant doesn’t receive the link, they can send a WhatsApp message on +91-7506122332 along with their order id and we will share the link immediately.
• Sometimes there are network issues in the Zoom App or at the conductor’s residence. We request you to please be patient during such times. We shall try our best to give you the best experience and fix it asap.
•The picture shown in the post is just for your understanding, it need not be what is going to be taught in the class. We try and plan a subject which can give you the maximum insight into The Art form.
• The artwork may or may not finish during the session. We shall start and finish as much as possible and send you a complete image of what is taught during the session.
• We are more than happy to teach. Please note if time permits, we will answer all your queries during the class or try to email them to you.