12 Jun 2021
Sat, 12 Jun 2021-04:00 PM To Sun, 13 Jun 2021-05:30 PM
Learn the ropes of this impressive and exclusive folk art at a one-of-a-kind workshop. Broaden your artistic and cultural horizons.
About Leather Batik
Leather art is a successful industry and is a craft that is practised only in 24 Parganas of West Bengal. The style evolved as a result of the Art Movement and these products have now become globally famous for their appliqué, batik and embossed craft work. This particular craft employs the cutting, polishing and embossing of leather by hand painting.
Creating traditional and modern patterns, this workshop is different from a run-of-the-mill intro to printed or coloured leather. The traditional motifs that depict floral and geometric designs and the natural dyes used in this process give it a very classy look. This is a perfect workshop to design your own bags, shoes, clutches and a lot of other leather accessories.
This is a perfect workshop to design your own bags, shoes, clutches and a lot of other leather accessories.
This is a two-day workshop on zoom. One and a half-hour per day. It is a live session and no recordings will be provided.
*Pre-Registration is Mandatory.
Registration opens only for Mumbai.
The workshop will be conducted in Hindi.
What Do You Learn
-Introduction to the Art
-Introduction to the Materials in the Kit Box
-Tracing of the design on the final piece of leather
-Application of Resist paste on leather
-Application of the colour.
Material kit includes
-Small Cotton Balls
– 1 Pencil
– 1 Reference Sheet
– 1 Scale
– 3 Colours
– 1 Roller
– 1 Yellow Carbon Paper
– Natural Gum 50gms (Edible Gum)
– BRUSH: (Ujala)
– Round brush-1
– Flat brush-1
Materials needed to be arranged by participants
-A 500ml bottle of surgical spirit ( for colour mixing )
It is easily available at any medical store.
Please note this workshop is done on pure leather.
Date: 12th & 13th June2021 on Zoom
Time: 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm IST
It might exceed 15 mins since we will be teaching the details.
Fees: ₹4000/-(inclusive of material kit)
• Tickets once sold cannot be refunded.
• Material kits will be delivered to you, once you register for the course.
• Bookings are open only for India.
• The zoom link will be sent to the registered number about 30 mins before the workshop schedule time on WhatsApp. If any participant doesn’t receive the link, they can send a WhatsApp message on +91-7506122332 along with their order id and we will share the link immediately.
• Sometimes there are network issues in the Zoom App or at the conductor’s residence. We request you to please be patient during such times. We shall try our best to give you the best experience and fix it asap.
•The picture shown in the post is just for your understanding, it need not be what is going to be taught in the class. We try and plan a subject which can give you the maximum insight into The Art form.
• The artwork may or may not finish during the session. We shall start and finish as much as possible and send you a complete image of what is taught during the session.
• We are more than happy to teach. Please note if time permits, we will answer all your queries during the class or try to email them to you.